Friday, July 29, 2011

ideas that resonate

I began this blog earlier this year to try and make some sense out of the devastation we faced as a family last year when Sunday was stillborn. I wanted to record the road we were about to travel, to a destination where there were no obvious directions.

I had no idea that what I would stumble on, would be my 'raison d'etre'.

I started to understand the real value of connecting with people in a true sense. I discovered inner strength on the flip side of the shame and vulnerability that hit me when Sunday died.

Writing and talking seemed to help make sense of an otherwise confusing and numbing experience. Sharing my story and hearing others peoples' stories has guided me through the healing process and given me insight into a broader perspective of life.


Here's some thoughts translated from Tao, that resonate......




            "To be whole, let yourself break.
             To be straight, let yourself bend.
             To be full, let yourself be empty.
             To be new, let yourself wear out.
             To have everything, give everything up.

             Knowing others is a kind of knowledge;
             knowing yourself is wisdom.
             Conquering others requires strength;
             conquering yourself is true power.
             To realize that you have enough is true wealth.
             Pushing ahead may succeed,
             but staying put brings endurance.
             Die without perishing, and find the eternal.

             To know that you do not know is strength.
             Not knowing that you do not know is a sickness.
             The cure begins with the recognition of the 
             sickness.

             Knowing what is permanent: enlightenment.
             Not knowing what is permanent: disaster.
             Knowing what is permanent opens the mind.
             Open mind, open heart.
             Open heart, magnanimity."

No comments:

Post a Comment